What’s Customer Service?
Customer support is an elaborate and interactive process of understanding a client and fulfilment of his needs as per the organization’s resources, capacity and capability for the merchandise sold or service delivered. In this context, the customer’s anticipation begins from the time he’s purchased the product or subscribed or hired the services. Consequently, customer support is an end-to-end process that begins from the time of sale till the end of life cycle of a product or the support or its usability to the client. Therefore, this concept originates with the client and ends with the client.
Synonyms of customer service: customer service, helpdesk, service center, customer support, troubleshooting team, customer service, after sales service, customer helpline.
Customer service is part and parcel of every company. For any company to sustain and grow, their focus and efforts need to be channelized towards creation of fantastic customer service team.
Good customer service should aim towards enabling the following:
- – Long-time Customer retention
- – Loyalty towards Company’s goods and solutions
- – This in turn needs to build a client’s trust supporting the newest
- – Enhancing product efficacy and its value among the opponents
- – Translating to higher sales consequently impacting overall revenues positively (due to same customer buying products or services repeatedly or recommending them into his family and friends)
- – Resulting in Company economy its cost of customer acquisition due to customer support (which is nearly 5 times more costly )
- – Strengthening a positive word of mouth and raising Company’s goodwill and equity
- – Leading to less expenditure on advertising, advertising and marketing actions
So, these efforts will ultimately lead to business’s prosperity and improved market share that’s beneficial because of its employees and sellers as well as its longevity.
But an unhappy client is an opportunity and the corporation should never lose out on educational experience through the client’s responses to analyse the main cause of the problem that led to poor customer experience. Further, the company should invest time in reviewing their present working mechanism, becoming into procedure reorientation, enhancing their product or service, it’s features or provides, grooming and training the staff or bridging any gaps that exist as per the client inputs.
Client Service Representative, his attributes and the different stations:
Customer service representatives (cse) would be the actual manufacturer ambassador for any company since a client interacts with them on telephone, through on-line chat, on company’s site or portalsite, on email, social media and on-line forums, face to face interaction at service centre.
A CSE must, therefore:
- – Speak to the customer politely
- – Listen to him
- – Give him respect
- – Understand his demand or concern
- – Empathise
- – Finally, most importantly, provide alternative or another according to his problem or requirement.
Being polite and humble without solving customer’s query will not help. Similarly, giving solution but at a rude tone will even back fire. It’s a viscous circle of expectations. Customer wants all – politeness, compassion and solution. And he’s right as he’s paid for the product or the service. Customer is always right and is your king.